3.3.12

SNOW!


I never thought I would be so thankful for a snowfall on the last day of February but I am so very thankful!
Even my ducks seemed happy in the snow.
 

Wes and Felicity were eager to get out and play!


Felicity's eagerness did not last long.  She does not have a pair of boots that fit well so she kept loosing them and her mittens.  She did play for half an hour before she sat at the picnic table and asked to be carried inside.


Wes put his imagination to good use and found himself a nice wooden tail that randomly became a sword whenever he shoce to become a soldier and then went back to being a tail when he was a dog again. 


Wesley really wanted to teach Felicity to make snow angels but by the time he tried showing her she was very ready to go inside.  I carried her in and she quickly fell to sleep snuggled in a blanket on the couch with her Daddy.
 

Wes and I took turns snow blowing and pretending to be elephants with pool noodles he found in the summer toys in the basement.


I fell in love with this photo when I saw it on my camera.  Snowflakes on eyelashes and faint freckles!  Oh I'm in love with this boy!


Snow blowing again.


This snow was not great for snowballs or snowmen.  I am hoping that tomorrow, after it has sat for a little while it will be easier to pack and we can get one snowman made this year.
 

After Felicity went inside Wes and I wrote letters in the snow and made hearts.


Wes was very excited to have me push him on his tire swing but it was not an easy task.  The snow had fallen enough that the tire dragged in it and made it hard to get a high swing.
 

If he minded he didn't show it.  He giggled and asked to be pushed until I was too tired and cold to play any more.  I mentioned hot cocoa and marshmallows and he quickly lost all interest in being outside!


I love snowy days!  Having such a mild winter has really shown me how much I really do miss and look forward to snow and playing outside with the kids.  I am so thankful for this snowfall.
 
 
And hot cocoa with marshmallows, they just go together! 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love it! The pictures are beautiful. We've been thankful, too. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails