11.11.09

Thankful!

So the last few days have been a blurr and thanks to them I am so very very grateful! Grateful that my husband is sitting next to me reading the farm and garden section of the My Shopper. Grateful that my Wesley is sound to sleep in his little tykes car bed. Grateful that Little Lissy Lou is sleeping with her rosie cheeks and pink lips on my chest as I write this. Grateful that Kristie is texting yet again while watching a silly sitcom on my living room floor. Grateful that my mom is married to a man that loves her. Grateful that my relationship with my siblings is a relationship that I cherish. Grateful that my house is heated, that my cat is sweet, that my bed has fresh sheets, that we have so much clothes it is nearly never all folded, that Felicity loves to snuggle, that the sunset was beautiful, that I have great friends, that my computer is NOT dead (thanks Alicia!), that Jesus died for me, and that all my loved ones are safe and relatively healthy.

Why you ask am I so thankful? Well I have just spent the last 24 hours with my friend and her family and watch them suffer a terrible loss of a father and the hospitalization of a son. I have seen tears shed for loved ones lost, pain shared, children hugged, babies snuggled, heart felt moments shared, and memories made. I have seen how fast someone can be taken from this world and that Earth really is only our temporary home. That our real home is with my Loving Lord and Savior and that I have so very much to be thankful for!

I am thankful that God has spared my family from sever illness and that baby Stellan
( www.mckmama.net ) appears to be SVT free and is healing well. That my friends nephew is coming home tomorrow. That he has many good memories of his father and family here that loves him and his sister. That I was able help even if in a very little way make a very difficult situation a little more bareable.

Lets all remember what we have to be thankful for, cherish our loved ones, and live your life like there really is no tomorrow.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I think it's wonderful to take time to really count our blessings! I'll be thinking of this family who has experienced such a devestating loss...I am also so thrilled that baby Stellan is SVT free! I read MckMama's post today and could just jump up and down for them! :)

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails