18.9.12

Hay

 This past week Matt's parents mowed down and baled the second cutting behind our house.  It is always a very exciting time for the kids when they get to help out with the hay.  Wes goes with Matt most Saturdays to help with farm work but Felicity rarely gets the opportunity to help out.


She and Grandma walked around tossing small loose piles of hay into the rows waiting to be baled.


This is one of the reasons that I like living close to Matt's family.  I really enjoy the closeness that the kids can have and all the memories that they build.


 Wes got a promotion this year!  He was able to drive the little tractor and wagon around the fields, pick up dropped bales and bring them  back to us.  I wasn't sure he would be able to pick up the bales and put them in the wagon by himself but he proved me wrong.


 Back and forth he went bringing back bales with a huge smile on his face.  The first time I removed a bale for him he exclaimed, "Great job mom!  You just did your first bale!!"  He was so proud.


 Charlie and I hung out by the pile of loose bales while everyone else worked away.  


Grampa took a milk break with Charlie.


 I used to help out some with hay but haven't really done any in years.  I got promoted as well to official baby keeper.  


I love my new job!


As the sun sank lower in the sky everyone hurried to finish up.


It is most likely the last hay of the season that the kids will be helping with.  Wes will get to help load the tractor trailers with hay during the winter months but that isn't nearly as pleasant as working outside in the golden sunlight.

Who knows maybe next year Charlie will be helping!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wonderful pictures and documentation ! That is so sweet that Wes told you "good job" :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails