28.9.10

Pre-school

Yesterday was Wesley's first officail day of school. We have been working on constructive play time, singing his alphabet, craft and other things like that for awhile but yesterday we had "real" school.


He was and still is in love with school.  It was one of the first things he asked about this morning. 
This week we are concentrating on the letter "A", the number "0", and our five senses.  He has the senses and zero down pretty well already. 


I am surprised at how easily some things stick and how some things are just harder to grasp.  Literally,  he has the hardest time holding his pencil.  I did not think about it but he has never really held one to write with, just crayons and markers for coloring.  He did a little better today but seems to want to hold it from the very top all the time.


His coloring skills have significantly improved over the summer.  I'm so proud of him.


We drew A's in rice and shaving cream.  He kept making his A's look like H's.  Today we worked on "making the lines meet at the top".  He is a quick learner but I have to watch myself that I don't try too long to make a point.  After about 6 minutes or so  he is ready to move on to another related topic.


Lastly I thought it would be fun to write down some of the things he said since starting school a whole 2 days ago.  

Wes "A aaa Peanut"
Me "Nope, A aaa Apple"
Wes "Oh yeah, I know, A aaa Daddy"

"Can we be done with this.  I want to run around like crazy."

"Please put Peanut (Felicity) to bed.  I wanna do school."

"Oh Mommy you are the best Mommy.  You are smart.  You make me smart like Daddy."

"Hey Daddy, I have senses."

"Zero is none.  But I want some."

"Mommy, you have zero, that mean none, trains on your forehead."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

And I, for one, am very glad that there are no trains on Mommy's forehead!

Julie said...

Ah..I love it!! Try a trainer pencil or a grip to add to the pencil. Boys, especially, take a bit longer to develop their fine motor skills. Looks like he is having a fantastic time. Good job, Mom!!

Pixel Perfect said...

It looks like he is having so much fun! Ah, I can't wait to school my kids. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I really need to start doing a little schooling with Dustyn.

Heather said...

So exciting!!!
Where did you get the letter cutouts? DId you do that yourself? I love it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails