16.11.09

Molly


Our sweet kitty Molly was hit and killed the other day and I just wanted to post some pictures of our pretty girl. I am not really a cat person, I would much prefer a dog on any day. That being said I have a hard time turning away any animal and that is why we have had two cats in our 4 year marriage, both are no longer with us. Both cat were given to me long before they should have left their mommies because their mommies met an untimely demise. I would bottle feed them and take care of them as if I was the mama kitty. This was obviously before I had babies of my own. Molly quickly became a part of our family, she was my baby. She loved me unconditionally until I brought home, Wesley. At that point she gave me the cold shoulder for over a month and would only come near me while I nursed Wes in the middle of the night. :)


Wesley would carry her around the house, pull her tail, feed her his leftovers, chase her, pet her, and just plain bug her all day long and sweet Molly just loved him. We could not have asked for a better cat to have with two small kids. She will be missed.


She was protective over the kids and once when Wesley spent the night at my mom's she drove Matt and I nuts walking back and forth between our room and Wes' crying. We think she was looking for him. When Wes was little and had colic she was jump into his crib and put her front two feet on him and pad back and forth. It looked like she was patting his back and oddly enough sometimes it would calm Wes and he would go to sleep. She had just recently started playing with Felicity and trying to sleep in the crib with her. I did not like it when I found Molly in the babies bed but thought it was sweet that she wanted to sleep near the babies.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cat! Sorry that you've lost her. Such sweet pictures with your cat.

Christina said...

I'm so sorry she was killed. :( She is such a pretty kitty. We also have a cat and I know I would just be devestated if something happened to her. Gracie just adores her, too. I love your pictures of her!

Summer Willard said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have had several cats in my life and I loved them all dearly. I know that she will be greatly missed. She is quite a beautiful cat, great pictures! Again, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys.

Heather said...

I love, love, love this post!! I'm a cat person so this almost brought me to tears! The last picture is a really cool shot, looks like Wes and Molly are playing.

Anonymous said...

So im thinking you need a new cat, I'll get you one for christmas, ok? ok, I know Matt will just love that, :)

Unknown said...

Awww...Molly was such a good kitty; she will be missed. I think a puppy for Christmas is a wonderful idea...better yet...a kitten for Felicity and a puppy for Wesley...then they can all grow up together...everyone will be happy...except...the mice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails