7.7.11

Picnic


 On the forth we met Matthew's family at a spot near a local creek for a very relaxed picnic.  It was  the kind where you bring your own lunch and just enjoy each other's company.


 Matt's sister Marisa showed the kids how to put maple seeds on their noses.  I remember doing that as a kid but never thought to do it with my own.   I'm glad she thought of it.
 

 We thought about walking along the creek and letting the kids play but it had recently rained and the creek was swollen and rushing.  We made due and had plenty of fun with out the water.


We saw a snake and found out that Wes really  does not like them.


 We announced to Matt's family that we have finally picked a name for our sweet little boy who could be arriving any day now!



 I'm not going to announce his name here until he makes his grand appearance just in case we go with another name but I think the name we picked is going to be final.


I learned a lesson this Fourth of July.  You don't always have to have a perfect spot or lots to do to have a fun family picnic.  The kids were plenty happy with sticks and maple seeds and did not need play grounds or pools to be entertained.  Sometimes I tend to forget that the best play is simple play.  I'll try to remember that next time we plan a spur of the moment family gathering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photos. Looks like fun.

Miranda said...

Great photos! Picnics are always so much fun, especially when there is a creek or lake to play in. Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to hear the little guy's name when he arrives, I'm sure it's adorable. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails