29.5.10

Grumpy

I have been absent the last few days.  There is a reason, not a good one but a reason none the less.  I have been grumpy.  Yep that's it, just grumpy.  I miss my mom, my phone was broken, my car's battery died when I was an hour and half from home, and I have poison ivy...again.   I have been grumpy.   What's that?  You want to hear the story about how my car died.  Are you sure?  Only if you promise to never do what I did.  Ok, here goes. But before I do, I am going to warn you, this is long and there aren't going to be lots of photos breaking it up.  :)


It all started as a beautiful morning, the kids and I went to a friends for ice coffee and fellowship.  Heather was there, as well, with her little boy.  Wes ran threw the sprinkler in the backyard naked.  It was fun.  We went home to take naps in preparation for a trip to visit my Aunt Mary.  Wes was going to get the pick out a kitty.  He was very excited!

Felicity slept longer than usual so we started out to Aunt Mary's a little later than planned. I do not know at what time we actually left because  the clock is broken in my car and my cell died two days earlier.  I had to stop at the grocery store to get cat food and litter.  I grabbed the wrong bag and since I only had $9 I had to go back and get the right one and wait in the not-so-express lane again.  Wes continually told everyone who would listen he was getting a kitten.
We left the grocery store.  Wes has to pee.  I found a water bottle and let him pee in it in the parking lot.  We left for the bank.  I now only had $3 and needed gas.  The bank trip was quick.  Wes got a lollipop and ate it while Felicity screamed because she wanted one.  He gave her the stick when he was done and she was thrilled.

This is where I made my first mistake...I decided to forgo getting the gas till after Aunt Mary's; I had enough to get me there and I was already running late.  

We arrived at Aunt Mary's and visited with her, her husband and two oldest girls.  One of which is leaving for Africa, on a mission trip tomorrow for 3 weeks.  Please pray for her!!  We walked around their farm and I found some awesome places to take some photos.  I took my camera out to snap a couple shots and realized I did not have my SD card.  Bummer!

Catching the kitty turned out to be a lot harder than we thought.  After much coaxing and sweating in the 85 degree weather my cousin and I were able to grab the little cutie.  By this time however it was almost 8pm.  I was exhausted.  Wesley, who when tired moves quicker, talks faster, and screeches randomly for no apparent reason was a wild man.  Felicity was almost to the point of no return.  She was exhausted and I just knew after about 10 minutes in the car both would be sound  to sleep.  I was looking forward to that.

So with high hopes of a quiet ride home I buckled the kids in.  Put the kitty  in an oatmeal box ( with holes in it for breathing) and headed home.   Ooops I almost forgot to get gas.  I pulled into the gas station rolled down the windows and pumped in $20.01 of gas, unbuckled both kids and headed into pay.  I decided I deserved a treat so I bought myself a chocolate milk to enjoy on my quiet ride home.  Paid.  Went back to the car,buckled the kids back in, checked the kitty, put the keys in the ignition, turned, "click click click click click".

You have got to be kidding me!

(to be continued)

6 comments:

Victoria said...

This SO sounds like me! I can't wait to hear the rest! My luck - the kids wouldn't have fallen asleep for sure - that is - if the car starts! You poor thing!

Pixel Perfect said...

Sorry it's been a hard few days! I hope the weekend gets better!! I can't wait to hear the rest!

monica

Heather said...

Oh that totally stinks....I'll be looking for the rest of the story! I hope you are feeling better today. :)

faith ann raider said...

oh man. that's a a bummer of a day.

faith ann raider said...

oh and did you make a new header? It's so cute!!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Those are the days when i end up almost laughing because it's so bad -- the irony of it just getting worse and worse. Now-- I am really SORRY. I hate those days. I hope your weekend gets better.

By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog. We love homeschooling. I don't use Calvert. If you ever want to chat about it, email me -- okay? Next year will be my 10th year homeschooling. Let me tell you -- time goes SO fast, and I don't regret one day.

Blessings to you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails